Flash Slideshow

Monday, March 13, 2006

Enlightenment from an 8 year old


Last night here in the Midwest of the U.S. a series of violent storms spread through several towns spawning tornados. We were under severe weather warnings all night long. My eight year old daughter has always been very fond of science. She is the only 8 year old I know that enjoys watching science shows about Quantum physics and dimensions. Last night she began asking questions about lightning since there was quite a bit of it here. She suggested that lightning was a tear in our reality. Her words, I promise. Then she began to talk about how after lightning you can briefly see through it into a different world. This is where I usually start thinking her mind is a little too advanced for her age. Oh, but next comes the best part. The other world we see must be the cartoon world because lightning is so bright and the cartoon world always has a bright sunny sky and that's what we see. So there you have it. One moment she's asking me questions about the theory of relativity and somehow it warps back to an eight year olds perceptionof the cartoon network. It's so amazing. So this week I'm dedicating my photos to my daughter in exploring perceptions into parallel universes. She loves chess so to start off the week I begin with todays photo of a chess match. White, she always prefers to be white over black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home